If you are an industry expert and would like to share your expertise on a specific topic then please contact:
Simon Edwards | Content Manager and Director
Start of the conference
Government keynote address
- What are the government’s key priorities related to urban transport development?
- What is the government’s long-term vision for the country’s rail infrastructure?
- How will new projects impact upon Peru’s major cities?
- What is the current status of projects ahead of the 2019 Pan-American Games?
Omar Linares, Director - General Office of Planning and Budget
Ministry of Transportation and Planning
Peruvian Infrastructure Financing keynote address
- What are the key transport priorities in Lima for the next five years?
- What is the status of the important Line 2 project?
- How is the city working to integrate different modes of transportation?
- What further upgrades are planned moving forward?
Cesar Balbuena, Preisdent
Morning Networking Break
Urban Innovations Session
Technology insight and international project case studies
- What are the key challenges faced by rail operators in the region?
- How can the latest technology be deployed to improve service, reduce operational costs and increase capacity?
Liu Ming, President
Delivering the Line 4 Metro project in the city of Rio de Janeiro
- What were some of the key challenges faced when developing the Line 4 project?
- How has the new line impacted on the region?
- What are the key priorities for MetroBarra moving forward?
Pedro Augusto Cardoso da Silva, Director
MetroBarra - MetroRio
Upgrading and expanding the Valparaiso Metro Network
- What are the key projects in development to enhance public transportation in Valparaiso?
- What are the key challenges faced when operating the metro network?
- How have technology updates impacted operations and what further developments are planned?
José Miguel Obando, General Manager
German Elera, LATAM General Manager
Networking Lunch Break
Critical Communications for Urban Public Transport and Railways
Pablo Rocha, Customer Solutions Manager LATAM
Kapsch CarrierCom AG
How can operators maximize their telecommunications to deliver safe operations?
Cosimo Malesci, VP Sales & Marketing
Fluidmesh Networks LLC
Delivering a robust communications backbone for busy urban rail network
Mark Pauwels, Director - Sales LATAM-IBERIA
Afternoon Networking Break
Monitoring and Maintaining Urban Transport Networks
Monitoring communication networks in Metropolitan Transit Systems
Sergio Zveibil, Senior Solution Engineer
Maintenance of urban rail networks in Lima and Santiago
- What strategies are deployed to effectively maintain the rail network in Peru and Chile?
- How can cost effective maintenance strategies be implemented?
- What innovations are the organisation looking to deploy moving forward?
Manuel Sanchez, Rail Business Manager
End of Day 1
Line 1 keynote address
- Following five years of service, what has been the impact of Line 1?
- What is the status of the Line 1 extension?
- How will planned modernizations and upgrades effect the service?
Manuel Wu, General Manager, Line 1
Metro de Lima
Line 2 Government Keynote address
- How has work on Line 2 been progressing and when is projected completion date?
- What are some of the key challenges faced during the project?
- What steps remain to ensure the project is a success?
Line 2 Consortium keynote address
Julio Jorge Tuesta, Project Engineer - Line 2, Metro de Lima
Morning Networking Break
Smart Metro: New trends in the Metro of the Future / Developing tailored solutions to respond to distinct metro requirements
Yuri Barros Zulaica, Technical Director for the Project Metro de Quito
Marcos Reboredo Rodríguez, Director of Innovation
Different needs, different transportation systems
Dr. Marc Andre Klemenz, Head of International Projects
Development of Rail and Metro projects
Establishing a tramway as the backbone to a city’s urban transport infrastructure
- Why was a tram network chosen ahead of conventional rail and what has been the impact of this decision?
- What maintenance and operations strategies are deployed on the network?
- What is the current status of a proposed third line and projections for this expansion?
Andrés Muñoz de Dios Rodríguez, General Director
Developing and expanding rail transportation in the north of Colombia
- What is the current situation related to rail transport in the Caribbean coast of Colombia?
- How is the country looking to expand existing rail infrastructure?
- What are the key projects Trenes del Caribe (Trencar) are looking to support and develop?
Raul Gonzalez, Cargo Transport Director
Trenes del Caribe (Colombia)
Afternoon Networking Break
Peruvian national railways
Operating and upgrading Peruvian railway networks
- What strategies have been deployed to increase capacity and security?
- How has the network overcome the challenges of steep inclines and high altitude?
- What are the future plans to continue to upgrade the network?
Jaime Blanco, General Manager
Ferrocarril Central Andino
Delivering a safe, reliable and profitable rail service
- What strategies have been deployed on the Peruvian railway network to deliver a reliable passenger service?
- What projects are in place to deliver improvements moving forward?
- How has PeruRail worked to ensure an excellent passenger experience and enhance ridership?
Alberto Valdez, General Manager
End of Day Two
The Metro LatAm 2017 site visit will be led by Metro de Lima Linea 1 on May 5, 2017. This will give attendees a real, first hand insight into the maintenance and operations strategies of the city’s Metro. Visitors will have a guided tour around the PCO, MMTO and workshop of Line 1 led by senior specialists from the Metro.
The technical site visit will be an excellent learning opportunity, but will also be a relaxed networking opportunity that gives participants the chance to see and learn about the city of Lima.
The site visit will leave from the Hotel Westin at 10am on Friday May 5, 2017.