May 3-5, 2017 – Westin Lima Hotel & Convention Center, Lima, Peru
The 2017 edition of Metro LatAm will bring together 150 directors and senior engineers from metro operators, project leaders, policy makers and technology innovators from all over Latin America.
Metro operators from major cities across Latin America will exchange experiences, identify project management strategies and identify the technology solutions to improve capacity, frequency, customer experience and complete major infrastructure projects.
REASONS TO ATTEND METRO LATAM 2017
- Metro LatAm brings together the senior decision makers from every country in Latin America, you can meet and work with every metro operator over three days.
- In 2016 over 60% of our transport event attendees were senior decision makers from operators, governments and public agencies – most of your onsite conversations will be with potential customers.
- The event will feature two days of project focused presentations, providing a first-hand insight in to new business opportunities and operator requirements
- Our two day technology exhibition will give you the chance to meet with some of the region’s most important innovators and project contracting companies.
- Metro LatAm is an event at the heart of Latin America’s urban transport community and we work throughout the year with operators – this gives the networking drinks and dining sessions a warm, relaxed feel.
- In 2017 we will also welcome international metro operators and global innovators, with senior decision makers joining us from Spain, Germany, China, United States and many others.
With a strong commitment to improving urban transportation and extensive investment in a broad range of solutions, Lima has been chosen as the host city for metro LatAm 2017. We have worked closely with the AATE (Autonomous Authority of the Electric Transport System), ProInversion and Linea 1 to prepare the two day conference and prepare the third day site visit; delivering an unparalleled insight into the strategies and technologies deployed on the network’s current and future lines.
- Line 1 has been in operation since 2011 and has undergone continual upgrades and expansions during its period of service.
- Line 2 is a huge, subterranean metro project that is currently under-construction and is projected to benefit 2.3 million citizens in the Peruvian capital.
- Line 3 is another project lead by the AATE, which is current in the planning stage with bidding on the project expected to take place this year. The project will also be underground and will run for 38km.
- Line 4 is currently under development, while Lines 5 and 6 are also at the initial planning stage.
While Medellin allowed attendees a valuable insight into integration strategies, Metro LatAm Lima will focus on the development of major projects and technology deployment.
CONFIRMING YOUR POSITION AT METRO LATAM 2017
You can reserve your pass today by completing the online registration process.
If you would like to become one of our event sponsors and deliver a presentation during this year’s conference, then please get in touch. I can develop a tailored package to meet with your budget requirements and business development targets.
I look forward to welcoming you to Metro LatAm 2017 and I will be happy to help with anything you need.
Infrastructure Conference Network
OPERATORS THAT JOINED US IN 2016 INCLUDE:
Argentine Institute of Railways
Administración de Ferrocarriles del Estado
Administración de Infraestructuras Ferroviarias (ADIFSE)
ALAF (Latin American Railway Association)
Buenos Aires Subsecretaria of Transport
Brasilia Metro – Metrô-DF
CCR Metrô Bahia
City of Medellin
Comisión Nacional de Regulación de Transporte
Confederação Nacional do Transporte (Brazil)
Empresa de los Ferrocarriles del Estado
FCAB Ferrocarril de Antofagasta
Ferrocarril Union Pacifico
Ferrocarriles del Pacífico
Ferroviaria Oriental S.A.
Ferrosur Roca SA
Los Angeles Westside Subway Project
Metro de Bogota
Metro de Caracas
Metrô de Fortaleza
Metro de Lima
Metro de Medellín
Nuevo Central Argentino
Operadora Ferroviaria Sociedad del Estado (SOFSE)
Secretaria de Infraestructura Física
Secretaría de Movilidad de Medellín
Secretaria de Transporte de Medellin
Secretaria de Transporte
Servicios Logísticos Ferroviarios S.A.
Subterráneos de Buenos Aires (SUBTE)
Trenes Argentinos Cargas
Trenes del Caribe
General Manager, Line 1, Metro de Lima
Manuel Wu Rocha is a civil engineer from the Pontificate Catholic University of Peru and holds a Master’s degree in business administration from the University of Piura in Peru. He joined GyM in 2003 as an engineer in charge of the construction of the gas pipeline system in Lima and Callao, and was also the Chief Technical Officer for oil and gas, electricity, infrastructure, and sanitation for GyM’s subsidiary GyM Construction from 2003 until 2007. He became Manager of Sales and Logistics of GyM Construction in 2007 and General Manager of GyM Construction in 2009. He is currently the General Manager of GyM Ferrovias; Linea 1, Metro de Lima.